For Emergencies, Dial 9-1-1
An emergency is an incident that requires an immediate police response. If the emergency is in progress or just occurred, call 9-1-1. This will help you get the best information to the officer and ensure a faster response. Do not hesitate to call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency.
For non-emergency situations where you would like to speak with an on-duty officer, call (717) 334-8101. This number will connect you with the Adams County Department of Emergency Services.
If you do not require immediate assistance, call our office at (717) 642-6103.
The mission of the Liberty Township Police Department (LTPD) to serve and protect our community. Our mission can be achieved only with the support of our citizens, and we strive to work cooperatively with all citizens to enhance the quality of life within our community.
The LTPD is staffed by six officers who serve Liberty Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania. Liberty Township, approximately 16.2 square miles in size, has about 1,237 residents according to the 2010 census. When the LTPD is not on duty or on call, Liberty Township is covered either by the Carroll Valley Police Department or by the Pennsylvania State Police.
The LTPD currently operates from the Liberty Township Municipal Building located at 39 Topper Road in Fairfield, Pennsylvania.
- Chief Brand Briggs (Adams 32)
- Corporal Andrew Hansen (Adams 32-5)
- Officer Craig Hartley (Adams 32-1)
- Officer Brian Weikert (Adams 32-3)
- Officer Todd Forney (Adams 32-4)
- Officer Dennis Pennese (Adams 32-7)
- 2008 Ford Crown Victoria
- 2008 GMC Yukon
- 2012 GMC 2500
Other LTPD Services
- Vacation House Check Request Form
- Business Check Request Form (Liberty Township)
- Fingerprinting Request (for residents of Liberty Townships)
- Traffic Safety Complaint
- Statement Form
- 2017-09 Police Report
- 2017-08 Police Report
- 2017-07 Police Report
- 2017-06 Police Report
- 2017-04 Police Report
- 2017-03 Police Report
- 2017-02 Police Report
- 2017-01 Police Report
- 2016 Year End Police Report
- 2015 Year End Police Report
- 2014 Year End Police Report
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Carroll Valley Police Department
- Adams County, Pennsylvania
- Fairfield Fire Department & EMS
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Federal Trade Commission (Identity Theft)
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Pennsylvania Megan’s Law
- Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission